Thursday, July 15, 2010

Five Things to Eat in Paris

  1. Nutella Crêpes. Add whipped cream (crème chantilly) or bananas but don't skip the Nutella!
  2. Sandwich de Jambon et Fromage. These sandwiches are the original Parisian fast food. A baguette with butter, ham, and swiss cheese is the easiest and cheapest lunch you can get in Paris.
  3. Crème Brûlée. It's a French classic, and oh-so-good. The dictionary.com definition does it no justice: "A custard with a crust of caramelized sugar."
  4. Ham Bread. It may seem strange, but some boulangeries in France have this amazing baguette with ham in it. The French love ham, and do justice to it with Ham Bread. Also, Ham Bread is probably not the actual name. Just look for baguettes with ham (jambon).
  5. Vending Machine Candy. Paris may be one of the culinary capitals of the world, but ordering in cafés and restaurants is downright scary. Vending machines are in every subway station, so get a Bueno and an orange Fanta.

4 comments:

  1. Nutella crepes are to die for! Of course I've only had the (I'm sure) bastardized ones, so I'll be sure to check out the Parisian ones when I make it there. And #3 and #5 also appeal to my sweet tooth...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crêpes au Nutella are to die for :)
    We made crêpes especially for "La Chandeleur"(during the winter) and we drank "cidre" with , it's delicious !

    ReplyDelete
  3. inspiring blog!

    Come follow my blog:
    http://thefashionreflections.blogspot.com/

    xx
    karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will remember this when I make my trip to Paris.

    ReplyDelete